It is hard to believe that Eloise has FINALLY reached her due date. It was yesterday Dec 2nd! Crazy that she is already almost 6 wks old now!
She is so sweet and we love her already. She has grown so much since we left the hospital. Her last weight was taken a few weeks ago and she was 7lbs 3ou, but I am pretty confident that she is a little over 8lbs now if not more. She sleeps a lot during the day and has her most fussy awake times in the late afternoon and early evening, (so don't try to call me then:) he, he) Most nights I am holding her while I eat my dinner!
She is doing well at night but isn't really on a consistent schedule yet. Some nights she nurses every 3 hours or a little less, and others she goes 4 or 5 hrs btwn feedings. 2 nights ago she went 7hrs!!! It was SOOOO nice to get some good sleep. Another thing that has helped her sleeping is to sleep in her car seat. I know it is weird, but it seems to really help her immature digestive system and her acid reflux to be propped up like that! It has made a huge difference!
She seems to be a pretty laid back baby so far. She does want to be held all the time though, but who wouldn't when they were stuck in the NICU for over 2 weeks! She doesn't seem to budge when her sister screams "wake up baby" and runs around yelling and dancing all over the house. She still sleeps A LOT of the time, which is good time for me to play with Sadie and give her some good focused attention.
Sadie loves her, but it is really hard right now, b/c although S got well for a little while, she now is way more sick than before. She has a bad cough, and really runny and sticky nose and I am not sure what she has. It seemed to be getting better yesterday, but today her mucus is no longer clear so I am more concerned. We may be taking a trip to the Dr on Mon......
I'll post more pics later today or tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment