These last several weeks have been difficult. I think that Sadie has been acting out a little more for 2 reasons. 1- her age and 2- her little sister is starting to do lots of new things. That being said, it has been more stressful with her than usual and my patience rope is fraying. On the other hand, I am having so much fun with my little characters and there is rarely a dull moment!
Eloise is crawling everywhere and pulling up. She loves to eat anything and everything including sno cones:) and loves taking baths. She is so much like her sister that it cracks me up. One main difference is that she isn't as tough as Sadie, and is a little more dramatic.(Can you imagine that?- We'll see how that plays out) But then again, you have to be to get some attention around here:)
Lately I have been reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and it has given me some amazing perspective on life and faith. I have also read a few articles that my friend Emily sent me by Rachel Jankovic that I have loved. I can't wait to read her book "Loving the Little Years"! Anyway, I would highly recommend them. Especially if you have young kids!
So why the title Too Much? In the last few days as I have struggled with discipline and heard lots of "no"s and "I will not"s and "no mam"s,I have also had some of the sweetest most precious times with my kids. I started thinking about God and how much He loves us and how he tells us in 1 Cor:13 That "Now we see in a mirror dimly but then we shall see face to face." We see glimpses of His love all the time in "the mirror" moments, but if we think those moments are great, then who can imagine what is in store for us in heaven when we see the FULLNESS of his love "face to face"?
This week I have realized that my children have to struggle, we have to go through hard times together, yes because of the Fall, yes to refine us, but also because it would be too much! I love my kids in such an intense way and cherish all of these amazing moments of time with them, that if they weren't ever challenging it would be too much! I would be so overwhelmed with my love for them, it would burst out of my chest! I guess that is what we get to experience when we get to heaven!! For now I will take these little glimpses seen through the "mirror" and treasure them, as I thank God for ALL of the moments sweet OR difficult, and anticipate a glorious eternity of His love "face to face!"



So beautifully said, Sally! And I feel so much the same! Oh, the struggle to enjoy what seems like constant correction, food and potty messes and dramatic little sisters (Georgia is exactly the same as Eloise!)
ReplyDelete