Thursday, March 11, 2010

Family Nature Hike





















One of the things that we love about Austin is that there are so many beautiful places to explore and see for free! There are Greenbelts and waterfalls, parks, and wildlife preserves all around us. So one Saturday, we decided to drive out to the Cedar Park area towards Marble Falls and it was so beautiful and so much fun. When we got Sadie out of her carseat we noticed that her pants were soaking wet due to a crooked diaper. Of course, I had extra shirts and shoes, but no extra pants. Bo being the resourceful person that he is, put her legs through the arms of her jacket to keep her warms. So we unwisely set off on the trail with Sadie in her jogging stroller, little did we know, that our trail was more of a narrow, rocky hike than a smooth wide path. We definitely should have left the stroller in the car and used the backpack carrier, but hey, you learn as you go. Bo was determined to push Sadie through the rocks and exposed roots in her stroller, so he got quite a workout! It was a beautiful day and we found a lookout in the hills near the trail that looked out over the lake. Despite the mishaps, we had so much fun and can't wait to do it again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sally - you look so pretty! And Sadie is a doll. I love reading about your life in Austin. I also love the blog design - bird/stitching design on the sides. I am inspired to start a blog (I just lack the interesting activities and baby... Mine would be like: Today Clay and I went to Target.)

    ReplyDelete

Followers