Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hospital Update- My Amazing Husband!

Well, after 3 days in the hospital, we were finally released this afternoon. My contractions are few and far between now and I can hardly feel them. The Dr. checked my progression and I had not progressed with labor, so those were all good signs. She sent me home on strict bed rest orders, which I am already finding very hard to follow, but that my sweet husband is trying to help me keep.

First off, I just want to say how blessed I feel. Thank you to those of you who sent texts, calls, and e-mails or came by for a visit, as well as ALL of the prayers for our sweet little baby girl! The goal our Dr. has set for us is to really do everything we can to make it to 34 weeks. After talking to the Neonatologist, Bo and I are really hoping to make it at least to 35 b/c it greatly decreases the risk that the baby would have to spend any time in the NICU at all!! How wonderful would that be!! So we shall see.

I just wanted to brag on my sweet husband for a minute b/c he has been such a trooper through all of this! He stayed with me the whole time at the hospital and even set up a queen sized air matress next to my bed. He brought me snacks and juice, adjusted my AC, helped me move around, massaged my arms, made late night calls to the nurse for my bed pans, brought me pillows, coordinated with friends and family, ordered my hospital meals, made sure Sadie had everything she needed, encouraged me, and even brought board games up to the hospital for us to play! And most of all, he never complained!! I don't know what I would do without him!

Today he watched Sadie and let me sleep and has been taking care of everything. When we left for the hospital on Wed night, the house was a mess, b/c we had just finished eating dinner and putting S down, so he has been and is still currently cleaning the kitchen and picking up the house trying to make things nice for us! He is currently making me tea and putting on my favorite TVS shows. not to mention he can cook! Wow, I really lucked out. I totally don't deserve this guy:) This is only part of the reason that I like to call him Superman a lot of the time! I am so incredibly thankful for my amazing husband and what a gift he is to me!!

More updates later as well as pics from Sadie's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers