Well, here we are at the hospital. My next post was supposed to be about Sadie's 2nd birthday, but that will have to come later. Typing is a little hard right now, seeing as I have an oxygen band on my left pointer finger, but at least I have access to the outside world for the first time in a few days:)
So, Wed evening, I started having some mild contractions, which continued to increase in pain and frequency. so we monitored them for about 3 hrs. Through talking with the nurse, the decision was made that we needed to head to the hospital. I am currently 32 weeks and 1 day. SO.. we dropped S off at my parents house and headed in. Things had calmed a little, so we thought they would send us home. NOPE.... They came to check me and I was already 2cm and 75%, so they sent us to a room and told us we would be here for several days. In the meantime, my contractions started speeding up to every 60-90 seconds or so and became much stronger!
They got us settled in our room and started me on Magnesium to slow the labor so that I could get 2 steroid shots 24 hrs apart to strengthen the baby's lungs and brain in case she is born early. The magnesium worked and now I have made it through both steroid shots which is great news! At this point we are waiting to see in the next 24 hours what happens. They will take me off the magnesium, and I will either go back into labor and have this baby really early, or my labor will stop and stabilize and I will be sent home on strict bed rest.
Please pray for these next 24 hrs that whatever happens will go smoothly and that the baby would be strong and healthy. Of course, ideally she would stay in a cook a little longer:) Sadie is being taken great care of by my sweet family. What a blessing! and we are doing well here in the hospital. Bo is quite the trooper and has set up camp with a queen air mattress in our room. :) he, he. I am doing much better now that my contractions have subsided and I am able to use a bed pan rather than a catheter. Anyway, that's that. More updates later! I am going to go eat my breakfast now and hopefully see Sadie this morning for the first time since Wed evening! Yay!



Praying for you guys. Is it ok for me to update the bible study for prayers?
ReplyDeleteWe will definitely be praying for you and that sweet baby! Keep us posted! XO!
ReplyDeleteOh my! Definitely praying for you all! Love you!
ReplyDeletePraying that that sweet baby stays put for as long as possible! And that you have peace and comfort while waiting in bed. We love yall!
ReplyDeleteCaroline and Jon E.