Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 8




Here are 2 pics from today and 1 from 2 days ago. Excuse the quality, they are all from my phone!

Update:

Well, today I got a Drs apptmnt. It appears the my incision is not currently infected (that they can tell) and that I am likely in a lot more pain now b/c I am moving around and doing so much. The Dr said I need to take things a little easier than I have been, rest, and stagger my pain meds. I will find out in the next few days if I have any other infection. Thanks for your prayers!

Since my Dr's office is across the street from the hospital, I walked over there after my apptmnt to visit Eloise while my mom watched Sadie. To my surprise, E was laying there very alert, with her eyes wide open, searching the room. It was fun to get to look into her eyes and talk to her. Most of the times I have been there she has been very sleepy. I got to hold her and give her more kisses. She seems to be starting to root, which is a good sign.

The report on her was great today again. Lots of poop, increased milk quantities at feedings, decreased IV nutrition. She is really doing well and could be ready to come home any day now pending the completion of a few final tests and teaching sessions for us! We are praying that it is soon! Today they had dressed her in a little shirt and a cute little hat. It is so fun seeing her in real clothes finally!

Sadie woke up this morning asking to see baby Eloise. We finally told her a little more and showed her the pictures on the blog. She is excited to meet her, although there is some natural confusion and waves of hostility toward her baby dolls right now:) We can't wait to have our whole family all together, but for now we are really enjoying our time with just her these last few days. We are so thankful for our families for all of their amazing help and support during this time. We couldn't do it without all of your sacrifices to take care of us! We feel so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers