Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Improvement and Funny Phrases

Thanks for all of your prayers! Eloise continues to improve every day. She is much more alert and talkative now. She still likes to be held almost all the time, but Bo and I think she is just making up for lost time since she has been in the hospital so much! I know I keep promising to post pics soon, but I really will, hopefully later this week.

Sadie is so glad to have her sister home and is quite the ball of energy. She runs around and talks all the time and she is so verbal and smart that it amazes me each day. She loves to help take care of E and loves to kiss her legs and help change her diaper and pick out clothes for her, etc. It is really cute! her favorite thing is to throw away her stinky diapers:) She is my little helper in so many ways.

She has been cracking us up lately with all of her hilarious sayings. Her most common words right now are probably, soon, and right now:)The other day she was looking at a dollar bill and I was explaining to her what it was. She said, " Who is that?" and I said,"George Washington, our first president." And she said, "That's not Curious George!" She loudly asks EVERYONE's name that we see all day long, which as you can imagine can sometimes cause awkward situations:) Her favorite thing right now is to play Doctor and she knows the name of all the tools, even "stethoscope and "blood pressure". She loves to watch Diego and tells me that "he rescues animals." She loves when we go to the science and nature museum to see the animals. Especially the hawks. Random... I know. I find them a bit creepy, especially the Turkey vultures...ewww. Maybe she will grow up to be an "animal rescuer" too:)

She now understands all of the extended family relationships and asks about everyone often. Even my cousins, aunts and uncles, etc. She has also started singing to songs on the radio that she doesn't know, and it is too funny. If the singer holds a note, she will go,"ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" in a not-so-musical voice and then sometimes she just sings words that sound similar but aren't right. he, he. What a nut!! I love the humor and joy that she brings to my life right now. Eloise loves it too and smiles at her all the time. I can't wait to hear what Eloise is thinking in that head of hers. I can just imagine......."This family is crazy! What have I gotten myself into" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers