Not too much has changed with little E. She is still on some Oxygen and a feeding tube, but nothing else, which is great. We have tried to get her to nurse and take a bottle, but she is still not able to coordinate that yet.
Unfortunately, the Dr said that she will probably be in here another 4-6 days because they have to wean her completely off the meds. Bo and I have been alternating staying up at the hospital. I had a rough night last night, something in the room was majorly triggering my asthma. Eloise was up for a few hours btwn 11 and 2, but then slept until about 6:30.
I am just still not well and it is really hard to not be able to help E because I am feeling so miserable. It feels a little helpless. I can't believe I have been sick this many days and it still has not resolved! I am taking some antibiotics and I look forward to the end of this, so that I have the strength to give E the care she needs! Bo just arrived up here to take over so that I can get some rest.
Please pray that Eloise would wean well without much withdrawal, that she would relearn how to suck and swallow, that I would recover from this illness soon, and for strength for us and our families as we try to take care of everyone. So thankful for your prayers!
Sally



No comments:
Post a Comment