Day 2 update. Thankfully, nothing has changed. Yesterday, God set firmly on His heavenly throne. Today, He alone remains sovereign. I’m reminded this morning through scripture about what that fancy “s” word means.
“19 The LORD has established His throne in the heavens; And His sovereignty rules over all (Psalm 103:19). 3 But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases (Psalm 115:3). 5 For I know that the LORD is great, And that our Lord is above all gods. 6 Whatever the LORD pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps (Psalm 135:5-6).”
Those are powerful words. How many things does He rule over? He does which things that please Him?
The truth is- God loves Eloise even more than I do. It’s hard to fathom. She, like everything else, was created by Him and for Him. (Col 1:16). She was on His mind before the creation of the world and He formed her inside the womb. Psalm 139 goes on to say,
16 all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!”
It’s crazy to think that God knows the number of her days. Specifically, He either made her body strong enough to fight off this infection or He didn’t. Nothing will surprise Him in this situation. He’s not caught off guard. Nor is He aimless, random, malicious or distant.
So what is He? He’s good. He uses all situations (easy and tough) for the good of those who love Him. (Rom 8:28). More importantly, He’s good because He has spared no expense to give me the opportunity to be filled with “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control” (Gal 5:23). Furthermore, the promise of those blessing are never changing or wavering. They’re not just fleeting emotions; however, they are contingent upon one thing. “If I walk by the Spirit” (v16), “If I am led by the Spirit” (v18); then the Spirit of God living within me will produce those fruits. I’m experiencing the joy and peace this morning, and I highly recommend it.
You can pray for Eloise that God would make her body strong enough to fight this off. We will pray and petition while acknowledging that He does as He pleases. You can pray for mom that she would get well herself and that her strength would be renewed. For Sadie, please pray that she would get well also. She is still quite sick also and needs another trip to the doctor. Pray for me that I would hold fast to the truth that I preached to myself this morning. Pray for us also, that we seize every opportunity today, to walk in the great works that God has prepared for us beforehand. (Eph 2:10).
On March 2 and potentially much longer, God has my family at 4900 Mueller Boulevard in Austin TX for a purpose that I’m sure goes well beyond a lung infection. I’m here Lord, use me.
Bo



We are praying faithfully and have our community group and Bible study on board, too. Nothing is beyond Him; He is right there with you and right there with her. Please keep us updated; we'd be honored to pray specifically for you and your girls.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying. Let us know if we can help with Lucy.
ReplyDeleteLove,
The Eppes